Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why I Am A Snob

We all have it. Something we are elitist about. And I am one of the worst kinds of hypocrites, because I actually despise elitism. But we all have something.

I have two things. Hot Topic wannabe vampires. Screw you all, I've been doing this since I was two, at least.

And poser nerds.

Now of course, one of the benefits of having a Star Trek reboot is it makes lots of new fans. I don't mind that, I don't consider myself better than them, though I've been watching for so long.

Wanting to get in Zack Quinto's pants does not make you a nerd.
Wanting to sleep with Spock makes you a nerd. A pathetic nerd, but a nerd nonetheless.

Discussing for ten minutes who was hot and who was not does not make you a nerd.
Discussing how it compared to the original makes you a nerd.

Anytime someone brings up a content focused issue, cutting them off with "I don't care, he's hot" does not make you a nerd.

I could go on. Please understand my rage. And forgive my snobbish elitism.

2 comments:

Holden Van Crick said...

I was a little surprised you didn't go further with the Hot Topic point--entry for another day? Bugs me too, though, even if they do have some awesome stuff from time to time. (Cue Sigh) At least I can be proud to have studded my own jacket? Ha. Whatever. Yay DIY. Question, though...were they explicitly claiming themselves as nerds? Because if they just want to get in Zacky boy's pants, that's just fangirlism, not necessarily abuse of a label.

PenancedBorn said...

Oh, no, the way the conversation started was: "God, I am such a nerd", "Oh, yeah me too".

I was like. Wtf. No. No you're not.
You're AVERAGE.